So I grabbed a couple new toys this month, and I have some mixed feelings!
First off I got a really neat detox Water Bottle from Blogilates!
It’s so cute! It has many great features, such as a space to put in fruit to flavour your water. I also really enjoy the time increments printed on one side of the bottle, as they remind me to keep drinking my fluids.
Unfortunately there are more things I dislike about this bottle. 1. I SOOOO wish it was glass, but I knew it was plastic when I bought it and I still think it’s great. 2. I disagree with the time, because I feel I should be drinking about twice as much as it is labelled for. 3. The flavour diffuser is at the top only.. so once I am halfway through my water I no longer get flavour.
So I love the design and concept, but I will definitely plan for a glass bottle next time, and see if I can get a custom design on it for me!
There are so great fruit diffuser water bottles that have a nicer diffuser and are glass for much less cost.
The second item I got this month was an individual tea maker from Teavanna!
Again it was a little pricey at $20, but I use it almost everyday! It is so easy to use and clean. I can make hot or iced tea! The biggest downsize is knowing how much water to use because all cups are different sizes. So I’ve started pouring the water into my cup first, and then into the tea maker. You then steep your tea, and place it over your cup and it drains into it! If you fill it completely it can make about 2 cups of tea, or one REALLY large mug.
Overall I love my two new items, but I need to be careful with splurge shopping to make sure the item is exactly what I want. Next time I think I would get glass for both items instead of plastic!
This is a recipe I found online at Tasty Kitchen, it was so good I could not pass up the opportunity to share it with you all! And it can be gluten free!
1 whole jalapeno
2 cloves of garlic
2 cans (15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp cumin
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground flax
3 tbsp water
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (GLUTEN FREE SUBSTITUTION: 1/2 C. Ground Rice Chex in place of Panko.)
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 cup corn
1 tbsp olive oil
6 hamburger buns, any
Optional Garnishes: Avocado, Sriracha, Ketchup, Mustard
1. Seed and roughly chop the jalapeno. Add it and the garlic cloves to a food processor, blender or you can hand chop.
2. Add one can of beans to the mix and pulse to combine. Add cumin and salt and pulse until it looks like chunky black bean dip.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the ground flax and water. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture in the food processor to a large bowl and stir in the bread crumbs, tomato sauce, flax mixture and corn. Stir well until everything is combined. Add remaining can of black beans.
4. Heat a little olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Form black bean mixture into patties and fry for about 4 minutes per side, until golden and crusty brown.
5. Serve burgers with avocado slices, sriracha sauce and ketchup!