Going for walks or runs every day is a great way to stay in shape, burn extra calories and get some fresh air. But walking can take up a long part of your day and running can be hard on joints and can be very exhausting if you are just starting to exercise.
A new option is called Interval Walking which allows you to walk at different intensities burning up to 9 times more fat.
In only 20 minutes a day you can start to get in shape.
- Minutes 1-5: Warm up with a moderate walk, choose a song with about 113 BPM.
- Minutes 6-7: Power walk, moving your arms back a forth, choose a song with about 124 BPM.
- Minutes 8-10: Walk at a moderate pace, choose a song with about 121 BPM.
- Minutes 11-12: Power walk, punching your arms out in front of you, choose a song with about 127 BPM.
- Minutes 13-15: Walk at a moderate pace, choose a song with about 120 BPM.
- Minutes 16-17: Speed walk as fast as you can, choose a song about 130 BPM.
- Minutes 18-20: Slow down to a moderate pace, choose a song about 118 BPM.
Music to help keep track of time and pace.
Here are links to find songs with the correct about of Beats Per Minute so you can make your walking playlist. You can choose 1 song that is long enough or a couple songs that cover the minutes needed for that section on the plan.
For example: Some people’s playlists will be a bit longer or a bit shorter, but that is alright.
- Black Eyed Peas – XOXOXO 3:45
- Village People – YMCA 4:41 (I listen to about ½ of this and then skip songs)
- Toby Keith – Whiskey Girl 3:59
- Lone Star – Walking in Memphis 3:49
- Evanescence – What You Want 3:40
- Shania Twain – Who’s Bed Have Your Boots Been Under 3:54
- Ke$ha – Your Love Is My Drug 3:06